We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is a light, fresh and totally fruity dessert with strawberry soup with yuzu juice and basil leaves.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 15 cl of water
- 25 g cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of yuzu juice
- 600 g of strawberries
- 50 g of 0% cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
- A few basil leaves
Read also: health benefits and virtues of strawberries
- In a saucepan, pour the water and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to low heat. Add the yuzu juice and let steep, covered, for 10 minutes. Let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Wash, dry and mince the strawberries.
- In a ramekin, mix the cottage cheese and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix the syrup and the strawberries.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Arrange the strawberry soup in bowls or small soup plates. Add the white cheese preparation in the center. Garnish with a few small basil leaves.
This recipe can be made with raspberries, cherries, blueberries, apricots or melon.
If possible, blend the strawberries within an hour of dessert, or even better just at the last moment, to preserve the vitamins in the fruit.
Find out more about condensed milk
Sweetened condensed milk : This cow's milk dairy product was created in the middle of the 19th century by the American Gail Borden who was looking for a process to extend the shelf life of milk. Its nutritional qualities nourished the northern troops during the war of
Secession which, seduced by its practicality and taste, promoted it after the war. Over the years, this product has found its place in American cuisine, especially in desserts.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel