We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Gourmet dessert, fresh and very decorative, this strawberry carpaccio, whipped cream with ginger is a real delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 300 g of large strawberries
- 150 g of cold whole heavy cream
- 15 cl of cold strawberry or red fruit juice
- 1 root of ginger
- 2 tbsp. heaped tablespoons of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. plain muesli
Strawberry carpaccio, ginger whipped cream
- In a very hot pan, without fat, roast the muesli for about 1 to 2 minutes, until a nice color is obtained.
- Wash, dry and mince the strawberries. Keep them cool.
- Wash and peel the ginger. Grate about 2 tsp. level coffee of fresh ginger.
In a salad bowl,
- Pour in the very cold heavy cream, add the grated ginger and icing sugar.
- Whisk until you get a stiff cream that sticks to the branches of the whisk.
- Assemble the strawberry carpaccio: in saucers or small plates, arrange the chopped strawberries, add the whipped cream with ginger, pour in the strawberry juice and garnish with grilled muesli.
Depending on the season, replace the strawberries with Victoria pineapple, vine peaches, raspberries, etc ... and vary the pleasures by substituting the ginger with freshly ground pepper or chili powder.
Learn more about carpaccio
Of Italian origin, carpaccio is initially an appetizer made from thin slices of raw beef topped with a drizzle of olive oil. Its name is a tribute to the Venetian Renaissance painter, Vittore Carpaccio.
Words from the kitchen
Roasting: Heat a food without fat to release its taste.
Fresh cream: When the milk is resting, the elements which compose it separate according to their density, we obtain a layer of cream. The name "cream" is reserved for the product containing at least 30% fat. The designation "fresh" can only be used for raw or pasteurized cream.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche