We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cult and essential dessert, chocolate charlotte is a pure delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 30 spoon cookies
- 250 g dark chocolate (64% cocoa)
- 75 g semi-salted butter
- 6 eggs
- 30 g icing sugar
For the syrup:
- 20 cl of water
- 50g caster sugar
- Make a syrup by heating the water and sugar. Let cool.
- Immerse each boudoir for a few seconds in the syrup (do not soak them too long because they should still hold together and be slightly firm) and line, as you go, the edges and the bottom of a charlotte mold (d 'about 18 centimeters in diameter).
- Cut 200 g of chocolate into pieces, melt it in a double boiler with the butter. The mixture should be smooth. Reserve the remaining 50 g, they will be cut into chips for the decoration.
- Break the eggs and separate the whites from the yolks.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a salad bowl, incorporate 4 egg yolks.
- Beat the 6 egg whites until stiff, add the icing sugar and whisk again until they stick to the branches of the whisk. Gently incorporate these snow whites into the contents of the salad bowl.
- Place half of the chocolate mousse in the mold, cover with cookies, place the rest of the mousse and finish with a layer of cookies (the ingredients should come almost to the brim). Hermetically seal the charlotte in the mold (putting its lid on) and place at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Gently unmold the charlotte, place it on a dish.
The charlotte, this dessert very popular in France, is an English dessert. At the very beginning of the 19th century, charlotte was a dessert created for queen charlotte, wife of King George III. It was then a cake prepared in a high mold, lined with buttered bread and filled with fruit compote.
It was Antonin Carême, cook at the court of King George IV, who made Charlotte known in France. He reappropriates the English recipe by lining the mold with cookies with a spoon and garnishing with Bavarian cream and calls it Charlotte à la Parisienne.