Here is a great way to enhance red mullet with this recipe for red mullet fillets, chorizo and tomato chutney.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 fillets of barbet mullet
- 20 g semi-salted butter
- 1 pepper red
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 1 eggplant
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp. teaspoon of thyme flower
- Fine salt, pepper
Chorizo and tomato chutney
- 250 g red onion
- 20 g butter
- 5 cl of wine vinegar
- 4 tomatoes
- 250 g of chorizo
Red mullet fillet, chorizo and tomato chutney
For the diced vegetables:
- Peel the pepper.
- Grind the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and eggplant into brunoise. Cook these vegetables separately in olive oil. Season with fine salt and pepper, bring the vegetables together, sprinkle with thyme flower.
For the tomato chorizo chutney:
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C (th.3).
- Peel, wash and chop the onion.
- Cut the chorizo and candied orange into fine brunoise.
- Grind the tomatoes and cut into brunoise.
- In a saucepan, sweat the onion in butter, pour in the wine vinegar and reduce by half, add the diced tomatoes, orange peel and diced chorizo. Transfer to a dish in the oven. Cover and stew in the oven for 1 hour.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter, cook the red mullet fillets (skin side down first), until golden brown. Turn, drizzle with butter and cook for 1 minute on the flesh side. Season with pepper.
To draw up !
Chef's B.A.ba for peeling the peppers
How to peel the peppers?
Put the oven in grill position. Wash the pepper and place it on a baking sheet. Bake and grill the pepper on all sides. Take out of the oven, put the pepper in a bag then seal it tightly. This step will make it possible to peel the pepper and to remove its skin very easily.
Brunoise : vegetables cut into small cubes used as garnish for certain soups or for certain sauces.
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan