We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is the recipe for the tomato salad with sardines, an original and very aesthetic starter at the same time which treats the taste buds as much as the eyes.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pepper yellow
- 50 g cow's tomme
- 1⁄2 bunch of chive
- 4 tomatoes Heart of beef
- 2 smoked sardine fillets
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. of sunflower oil
- Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper
Tomato salad with sardines
- Peel, cut the cucumber into cubes. Place it in a colander, salt it with coarse salt and let it drain for 30 minutes.
- Wash and cut the pepper in half. Take the seeds and cut it into cubes.
- Crust the cheese and cut it into cubes.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Wash the tomatoes. Cut a hat out of each and scoop them out. Salt them and let them drain upside down on a wire rack. Remove the remaining flesh from the tomatoes with a Parisian spoon and set aside. - Slice the smoked sardines.
In a salad bowl,
- Bring together the flesh of the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, cheese, sardines and chives.
- Gently mix, season with salt, pepper, vinegar and oil.
Garnish the tomatoes with the contents of the salad bowl.
Place the stuffed tomatoes on plates and cover them with a hat.
Additional information about sardines
LEARN MORE ...
Having reached its peak at the end of the 19th century, sardines played a major role in the construction of the economic landscape of the French Atlantic coast (Brittany, Vendée, etc.). Today, the French catch around 25,000 tonnes a year and import twice as much! Fresh or canned, they eat almost 1 kg per person per year.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel