We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A delicious alternative to the classic recipe, this casserole egg with sorrel in Camembert sauce is absolutely delicious.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 eggs
- 100 g ofsorrel
- 4 strands of chive
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp. fresh cream
- 200 g of Camembert
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- Salt pepper
Cocotte egg with sorrel, camembert sauce
Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (th.6).
- Stalk and wash the sorrel.
- Wash the chives.
- In a pan, melt the sorrel in 15 g of butter until the water from the vegetation has evaporated.
Pour in the crème fraîche. Season.
Bring to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush 4 ramekins with the rest of the melted butter, distribute the sorrel cream and break an egg.
Place these ramekins in a baking dish, pour water halfway up the ramekins. Bake in a bain-marie for 10 to 12 minutes (watch the cooking, the egg yolk should remain smooth).
For the camembert sauce:
- Crust the cheese. Cut it into small pieces.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan, gradually incorporate the Camembert. Whisk. Pepper and salt very lightly. Reduce for a few minutes, while stirring, until the sauce becomes smooth and smooth.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven. Cover the edge of the egg yolk with a string of Camembert sauce, garnish with chives.
How to avoid boiling a bain-marie?
Place a sheet of parchment paper in the dish containing the water before placing the ramekins or other containers.
The egg, any doubt about its freshness?
Immerse it in a bowl of cold water:
- if the egg remains at the bottom of the salad bowl in a horizontal position, there is no doubt that it is fresh;
- if it stands up, it means it is a little less cool;
- if it comes to the surface it is no longer fresh at all, so avoid consuming it. The egg contains an air pocket which increases in size over time and makes the egg lighter, which is why it rises to the surface.
Words from the kitchen
Water bath : Cook a preparation in a container (a saucepan, for example) itself placed in a larger one and containing boiling water. The bain-marie allows you to gently cook a delicate preparation, avoiding direct contact with a source of intense heat.
Chisel : cut into small cubes.
Stalk : remove the stems from fruits which have been washed and drained beforehand or remove the main stems of certain plants (eg: parsley, spinach, etc.).
Cover : Pour a liquid (a cream, a sauce, a coulis…) so as to cover a preparation.
Reduce : Evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Photo: C. Herlédan